This is my sister’s favourite dessert based on a pudding that was serve up at school usually served with a peppermint sauce, I have altered it somewhat to create this particular version
Serves / Makes: 4
Prep-Time: 10 minutes
Cook-Time: 45 minutes
Tags: Desserts, Puddings, Sweets Chocolate,
You Will Need;
- 4 ounces, 70 per cent plain bitter chocolate
- 5 fresh eggs, separated
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 4 ounces, vanilla sugar
- 4 ounces, ground hazelnuts
- 2 ounces, breadcrumbs
- Unsalted butter
- Sugar for dusting
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or briefly in a microwave.
- Beat in all the egg yolks, and half the vanilla sugar until foamy. Beat the egg whites with the remaining sugar (as for meringue).
- Blend a ¼ of this egg white mixture into the egg yolk mixture, and then carefully fold in the rest of the egg white mixture, together with the nuts and breadcrumbs, mix in the chocolate.
- Grease the moulds with the butter, then dust with sugar. Fill the mould and place into a water bath, bake for 35-40 minutes in a moderate oven 325-350F.