Saturday 18 September 2010

Saturday, 18 September 2010

We decided to change the title of this blog to “A Letter from Pimlico” as we wanted to include more of what is happening not just with ourselves and little garden but with Hide Tower and Pimlico in general, it might be a bit hit and miss at first until we get all our sources straight and we do have to be as accurate as we can as we don’t want to be upsetting anyone do we?
I haven’t been out for a couple of weeks, oh yes that’s another point, long story but I don’t get out a lot so might be a bit behind with what’s happening. Anyway I was surprised that the library had closed but then spotted in great big letters that it had moved, not far away and even easy for me to get to as I have “Charlie” my 3+ wheeled mobility scooter, you may have seen me out and about as someone I met in the market told me that he and a few more call me Sergeant England due to the fact that I display the Union Flag etc. I’ve jumped away from the point again (I tend to do that) the library has moved to Pimlico Academy on Lupus Street and when thinking about it I believe that is a good thing it opened at 10am on Wednesday 8 September and you can read about the progress toward the opening of the new library, with lots of pictures, on the Books & the City blog. Just imagine we can all share library facilities with the local students at Pimlico Academy and surely, that can only be a good thing as we can all learn about each other.
Tomorrow is I think the first car boot sale at Pimlico Academy it is run by Capital Carboot.com and will be a weekly event always on a Sunday entry times are; stall holders 12:15 / public 13:00 you can learn more at Capital Carboot.com or phone them on 0845-0943-871, we are going to be there as we just love finding a bargain.
I didn’t get to the market on Tachbrook Street today but Maureen did and says that it was a little quite as all the roads around the area have been closed for the Pope’s visit.
That’s about it for today if we do get to the carboot sale be sure to look out for the story and photos next letter
See You All Soon
John and Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always appreciate your comments bad or good