We first had Chicken Fajitas in the early 90’s at Las Casuelas in Palm Springs and found them very tasty since then we have had fajitas from California to Nogales in Mexico and all of them with slight differences this dish is our version a combination of all our favourites.Serves / Makes: 2 servings
Prep-Time: 5 minutes
Cook-Time: 30 minutes
You Will Need;
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed of fat
- 1-tablespoon, limejuice
- ¼ teaspoon salt, divided
- ⅛ teaspoon, freshly ground pepper
- ½ tablespoon, olive oil
- 2 tablespoons, sour cream
- 1½ teaspoons, chopped fresh coriander
- 6 dashes of hot sauce to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon, ground cumin
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 whole-wheat tortillas, heated (see note)
- ½ cup, shredded lettuce
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- Place the chicken in a shallow dish and sprinkle with limejuice, ⅛ teaspoon salt, pepper, and let marinate at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the sour cream, cilantro, hot sauce, cumin, and the remaining ⅛ teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
- In a frying pan heat the oil and then sauté the chicken and onion turning the chicken until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle, about 8 to 10 minutes, transfer to a cutting board and cut into thin slices.
- To assemble wraps; Place the tortillas on a work surface or plate top each with half of the chicken, onion, lettuce, and tomato, top each with half of the sour cream mixture and roll into wraps serve immediately.
- Serve and Enjoy! With Sharp Coleslaw and Spiced Pinto Beans
To serve the tortillas warm wrap them in barely damp paper towels and microwave on high for 30 to 45 seconds